CITIZEN POTAWATOMI NATION OF OKLAHOMA
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR SPLASH PAD
The Citizen Potawatomi Nation of Oklahoma (Nation) has received funding to construct a Splash Pad facility. The Nation is requesting that companies wishing to bid on this item provide the Nation with a sealed bid which must be received by the Citizen Potawatomi Nation Procurement Office no later than noon on November 15th, 2020.
SCOPE OF WORK
The entire Scope of Work (SOW) for this project is listed as “Attachment A” to this Request for Proposals (RFP). Any questions and/or clarifications must be submitted in writing to Mrs. Stacey Bennett (Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Kyle Steward (email@example.com) Please note the general information concerning the SOW below:
- Design Build a Splash Pad Facility including architect and engineering.
- Must not exceed $300,000.00
- Must have the resources to complete within 120 days of contract being signed pursuant to equipment availability and weather permitting.
- Recirculating System
- Site Preparation will be done in-house to the point of relocation of utilities and asphalt removal.
- Please see attached information concerning Splash Pad location
INFORMATION SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The Documents submitted must include the following items and be submitted as required below:
- Information relative to the firm’s capabilities, applicable resources, and availability to complete the SOW.
- The firm’s background statement and biographical statement outlining the qualifications and assignments of key personnel assigned to the project, their relevant knowledge pertaining to splash pad installation, and experience, and indicate which personnel are considered “core personnel” from the organization for this project. Indicate the exact relationship of the experienced professionals and technicians in the firm or team to do the work proposed for the splash pad project.
- A minimum of three (3) project references with a project description, client name and current telephone number or email addresses by which they may be contacted.
- Identify the assignment individuals in the firm had in regard to the project(s) cited.
Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility, Proof of Insurance and Voluntary Exclusion – Lower Tier Covered Transactions (please print, sign, and submit with your bit)
- The prospective bidder certifies by submission that neither it, nor its principals, is presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from participation in the transaction by any Federal department or agency.
- Where the prospective bidder is unable to certify to any of the statements in this certification, such prospective bidder shall attach an explanation to this bid.
- Provide copy of Proof of Insurance
|SIGNATURE OF AUTHORIZING OFFICIAL||DATE|
EVALUATION OF INDIAN AND NON-INDIAN BIDS
Each Bid received will be evaluated based on a point system with the following criteria to be utilized.
|1. The experience and qualifications of the firm as indicated by experience with an emphasis on current experience.||30|
|2. Staff experience and qualifications should reflect demonstrated ability and offering of professional services as covered by the statement of work.||20|
|3. Responsive to RFP/Tribe’s needs.||10|
|4. Availability for site reviews and to meet schedule. A record of integrity, judgment, performance, and timeliness in the execution of previous contracts.||20|
|5. Price/cost of professional services.||10|
|6. Indian Preference||10|
On this basis, the Nation is looking for the lowest cost, responsive and responsible Bid from firm(s) who has exhibited responsive and responsible performance in the past.
The selection process will be responsive to Indian Preference, if applicable. Indian ownership of a firm is defined to mean that at least 51% of the ownership of the company or corporation is owned by American Indians.
Procurement by sealed bids (Request for Proposals). Preference in the award of contracts and subcontracts using sealed bidding (e.g. conventional bid construction contracts, material supply contracts) shall be provided as follows:
- The RFP may be restricted to qualified Indian-owned economic enterprises and Indian organizations. The RFP should however, not be so restricted unless the Nation has a reasonable expectation that the required minimum number of qualified Indian-owned economic enterprises or organizations is likely to submit responsive bids. If two or more (or at the Nation’s option, a number greater than two specified in the RFP) qualified Indian-owned economic enterprises or organizations submit responsive bids, award shall be made to the qualified enterprise or organization with the lowest responsive bid. If fewer than the minimum required number of qualified Indian-owned economic enterprises or organizations submit responsive bids, the Nation shall reject all bids and shall advertise and issue the RFP in accordance with paragraph (2) of this section. The Nation may accept a single bid where the Nation determines that the single bid received is of a fair and reasonable price, or the Nation determines that delays caused by re-advertising would subject the project to higher construction costs.
- If the Nation prefers not to restrict the RFP as described in paragraph (1), above; or if an insufficient number of qualified Indian-owned economic enterprises or organizations submit responsive bids in response to an RFP under paragraph (1); or if a single bid is not accepted and approved: the Nation or contractor shall advertise and issue an invitation for bids from non-Indian as well as Indian-owned economic enterprises and Indian organizations. The award shall be made to lowest responsive qualified Indian-owned economic enterprise or organization with the lowest responsive bid if that bid
- (i) is within the maximum contracted price established for the specific project or activity for which the RFP has been issued and
- (ii) is no more than “X” higher than the total bid price of the lowest responsive bid from any qualified bidder. “X” is determined as follows:
|When the lowest responsive bid is less than $100,000||10% of that bid, or $9,000|
|When the lowest responsive bid is At least $100,000, but less than $200,000||9% of that bid, or $16,000|
|At least $200,000, but less than $300,000||8% of that bid, or $21,000|
|At least $300,000, but less than $400,000||7% of that bid, or $24,000|
|At least $400,000, but less than $500,000||6% of that bid, or $25,000|
|At least $500,000, but less than $1 million||5% of that bid, or $40,000|
|At least $1 million, but less than $2 million||4% of that bid, or $60,000|
|At least $2 million, but less than $4 million||3% of that bid, or $80,000|
|At least $4 million, but less than $7 million||2% of that bid, or $105,000|
|$7 million or more||1 % of the lowest responsive bid, with no dollar limit|
If no responsive bid by a qualified Indian-owned economic enterprise or organization is within the stated range of the total bid price of the lowest responsive bid from any qualified enterprise, award shall be made to the bidder with the lowest bid. If the lowest responsive bid exceeds the budgeted amount for development, then Nation can negotiate the bid with the lowest responsive qualified bidder.
A firm will be selected based on the best responsive, responsible Bid received. This Bid will be utilizing pricing as the primary selection.
The selected firm must meet with the Purchasing and Accounting departments of the Nation prior to commencement of any activities pertaining to this agreement in order substantiate all certifications and discuss the procedures for submitting applications for payment.
Please note that this RFP has one (1) attachment.
Attachment A is a detailed Statement of Work (SOW).
A firm will be selected based on how well the RFP addresses the selection criteria. The Nation reserves the right to reject any/or all bids.
Please submit four (2) copies of the contract proposal to the following address.
Citizen Potawatomi Nation of Oklahoma
ATTN: Procurement Department
1601 S. Gordon Cooper Dr.
Shawnee, OK 74801
CITIZEN POTAWATOMI NATION OF OKLAHOMA
AFTER SCHOOL DAYCARE PLAYGROUND PROJECT
The Citizen Potawatomi Nation has received funding to construct a Splash Pad. Project site map attached.
- The Nation’s purpose for this Splash Pad Project “Scope of Work” is to anyone involved in the design, planning, and construction of splash pads, comply with all local municipal building codes, when required, and to certify the completed design, manufacture, and installation meets or exceeds standards Contractor must have the resources to construct splash pad within 120 days of contract being signed pursuant to equipment availability and weather permitting.