To register a vehicle, you must be an Oklahoma resident and a Citizen Potawatomi Nation tribal member. In order to register a vehicle, you must call CPN Tag Agency to schedule an appointment. Tribal members are limited to seven (7) tags.
Requirements to register each new or used vehicle:
- An appointment is required
- A Citizen Potawatomi Nation member age 18 years or older must be present to register the vehicle
- Original title and registration with the CPN member’s name; the seller’s signature must be notarized.
- Bill of sale from individual or dealership (inspection required on out-of-state title)
- Current Oklahoma insurance verification
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license for each person on the vehicle title, any additional person(s) on the title must be a family member; spouse, parent/guardian, child, grandparent, or grandchild (may need to provide verification to identify family member)
- Any liens or lien releases on the vehicle, an authorization letter from a lender to add a name of a family member to the title if not on loan
- Current Citizen Potawatomi Nation tribal enrollment card with picture
- Vehicle must be present for VIN inspection on a salvage or out-of-state titles only (salvage title must have receipts to place title as rebuilt and vehicle inspected)
- Current agriculture card (SMX card) for farm tags. (Must have CPN member name on the card.)
- Current military identification (must be CPN member)
- DD-214 Form for CPN veterans
- Return CPN Tags no longer registered to vehicles
Call the Tag Agency staff at 405-273-1009 if you have any questions.
No appointments are required to renew your CPN Tag. Renewals can be done by mail or in person. You must provide your CPN tag number and current Oklahoma insurance verification with your payment.
Duplicate Certificate of Title
A single requestor is limited to the issuance of two (2) duplicate titles to a single motor vehicle.